Pages

9.27.2010

Baby Sea Cow "Manatee" Costume

So I wanted something original for Riley's first Halloween costume.  He's so "fluffy" that I wanted something to match.  I thought, pumpkin- nah, marshmallow- nah, Michelin tire mascot?- too much! LOL  So we were actually walking around Lowe's here in good old  Clinton, Maryland and saw a Manatee lawn decoration and the light bulb went off! 



We are originally from Florida and The Manatee is by far my favorite animal.  It's sweet, friendly and innocent.  Just like my little bear.  So I attempted to create a Manatee costume without a pattern!  I bought a yard and a half of gray fleece (50% off), 2 Black buttons ($.50 on clearance), and some black "floss" to make the nostrils.





I think he like's it don't you?  All I have left to do is put velcro down the front and I think I might make some little pants for his legs with the leftover fleece, since they hang out :)

3 comments:

  1. Jess - That costume totally rocks! Great job. It's so fun to see an uncommon costume, too. Way to go!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative! What a cute little guy and a great costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry this has nothing to do with your manatee costume (which is cute by the way) but I couldn't find another way to contact you. Thanks for stopping by my blog and showing some love for my Edison Lamp. You should go for it! It was SUPER easy to make! ORB stands for Oil Rubbed Bronze. Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0