Pages

1.06.2010

Tortellini Soup!!

This is by far one of my favorite soups. It's very easy, filling and good for you! I took pictures throughout the process just so I could practice making my first tutorial but this soup is very easy to make, even if your not so big on cooking. I got this recipe from my mom, not sure where she found it but I have also changed a few things.

What you need:

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 lb Pancetta (chopped) (or bacon)
1 Medium onion (chopped)
2 cloved of garlic (chopped)
6-8 cups of Chicken Broth (heated)
1 large (28 oz)can of Crushed tomatoes
1 can Kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
2 pks of refrigerated cheese tortellini
handful of shredded carrots (optional)
1 small bag of Fresh Spinach
grated Parmesan cheese

Saute Pancetta (I used bacon) in Olive oil until almost cooked, add chopped onion and cook until soft add garlic and saute, do not burn.



While Sauteing heat broth in the microwave or separate pan. once Pancetta, onions and garlic are cooked slowly add broth, crushed tomatoes, pepper, basil, oregano and beans. Bring soup to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20 min.


Add 2 pks of refrigerated cheese tortellini (I had one pack of tortellini and one pack of ravioli, still tasted great). You may also add a handful of shredded carrots here or at the end it they are not the thick cut shredded. I like to get my veggies in, great to sneak them to the kiddos too!! Continue to simmer until the raviolies are cooked usually 8 min or so.


Once the raviolies are cooked you can add as much of the fresh spinach as you like. It is ready to serve right away. I like to put the spinach in the bowl and pour the soup over it. I add a little less spinach for my son, he likes it just not as much as Momma. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!! It's great with some nice crusty bread or Some Tastefully Simple Beer Bread!!



Jessica Percifull

6 comments:

  1. I stole the recipe from Aunt Amy, I'm sure she stole it from someone else. We should call it Stolen Tortellini soup. :) Its awesome! Great tutorial Jess. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very yummy. If it wasn't so cold out right now I would head for the grocery store to buy all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think mom originally got it from aunt amy. this is my all time fave soup! i like fresh parm on it tho;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin- I agree, fresh parm is definitely better but I had all this on hand :). Anna hopefully it will warm up for you soon so you can get to the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! The pics are making me hungry.

    -Stacy (your favorite Seminole fan)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica how much would you say this recipe feeds?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0