Pages

3.04.2013

Ranch Revamped!

We are ranch dip junkies in our house!  I have put Ranch dressing on everything since I was little.  It was how I was "tricked" into eating veggies when I was a kid.  Even the light version though has a TON of calories and I don't think I ever eat just 2 tbsp- do you?  For example Hidden Valley Light Ranch has 80 Calories and 7 grams of fat. Definitely better than the full fat version but WE can do better!!


Enter Greek Yogurt...and dried Ranch Dip. I use Hidden Valley Ranch because that's what we like.  I get the jar because we make it often and it saves money instead of buying the individual packets.  I haven't tried making my own yet but I've seen a lot of recipes on Pinterest.

Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning and Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
Now for the recipe:

Ranch Revamped

1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I prefer 2% Fage)
3 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning or 1 Packet
1-2 Tbsp Fat Free Milk 

Combine Yogurt and Ranch Seasoning in a bowl mix until smooth.  Add one Tbsp of milk and mix.  If you would like it thinner add more milk.  You can add more milk if you would like to use it as a salad dressing!

1 Cup of Greek 2% Yogurt 170 Calories 4.5 g fat plus 23g of protein!!
Seasoning is only 5 Calories

2 Tbsp of dip is aprox 22 Calories, .5 g of fat, 3 g of protein (there are 16 tablespoons in a cup)

Now I'm not saying eat the whole cup in one sitting because that would be a good amount of sodium but don't you feel better about eating this dip?

       vs  


 Let me know what you think!


**I am in no way associated with the companies featured in this post.  All opinions and ideas are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0