Pages

5.29.2013

Spring Rolls and Smoothies

I was cruising the aisle of World Market a few months ago and found these goodies:

Organic Ramen, Rice Paper wrappers, Sweet Chili sauce, and Sweet Chipotle Jerky
The Sweet Chipotle Jerky was awesome, there wasn't nearly enough in the bag to really share, but I did. I will definitely be looking for this again, and maybe some other flavors!

I haven't used the Organic Ramen yet but I plan to in the near future...please feel free to share your recipes!

As far as the Rice paper and the Sweet Chili Sauce, I had plans for those!  Vietnamese style spring rolls!


The rice paper wrappers were very easy to use.  You just place each wrapper in a bowl of hot water for about 5 seconds prior to wrapping.  It will soften then place on a cutting board, fill and wrap like a burrito!


 Sweet Chili Sauce is my son Austen's favorite.  He puts the stuff on everything!  I did already have form Franks at home but I wanted to try this brand, plus I got it for a buck!


Ok Assembly!  Here are my ingredients: Grilled chicken (you can use shrimp or tofu here), julienne cucumbers, shredded or julienne carrots, cilantro (you could also use mint), and avocado.





Heat ONE wrapper at a time or they will stick together.  Place on your cutting board and add your ingredients but don't overfill!  The wrappers stretch but you don't want them to break.  I really like that you could see the avocado through the wrapper of most of them!


Serve them with the Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping.  My kids had them will bunny Jell-O.  They make great Appetizers.  They would also be great with some Miso Soup!



GREEN MACHINE SMOOTHIE (Makes 2 servings)



1 Small Avocado
2 Cups Spinach
1 1/2 C Coconut Water
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1 Cup Ice

Blend all ingredients for a delicious and refreshing treat!




Ry LOVES this smoothie!



Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Jess



The views and opinions expressed in this post are mine, I have not been paid for my opinion of any of products you see listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0