Pages

5.01.2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

My Husband and I LOVE California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Pizza!! So I decided to attempt to make it myself! It was AMAZING!! Doesn't it look dee-lish? This a great dinner to have after grilling BBQ Chicken!


Below is the recipe for your Very Own BBQ Chicken Pizza!

Crust:
Mix together:
1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat FLour
2 cups White Flour
1 1/2 tsp salt (I think I forgot this last night but it was still good :))

In a measuring cup whisk together:
1 pk yeast1 tbsp sugar
1 1/3 cup warm water

when foamy add water mixture to dry mixture and mix while adding 3 tbsp EVOO
Kneed til smooth (5 min), of use dough attachment on mixer. Brush with Olive oil and place in a bowl in a warm draft free area (I turn on oven while mixing then turn it off put the dough in a bowl on the oven covered with a dish towel)
Let rise until doubled- about 1.5-2 hrs

Use 1/2 the dough per pizza

PIZZA

Your Fave BBQ sauceLeftover BBQ chicken, or rotisserie chicken about a cup for 1 pizza
1/4 red onion sliced thin
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
handful of cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 500

Roll dough into ball, then place on a floured surface or parchment paper and roll dough out to desired thickness- I like mine thin with no crust :) **
Spread BBQ sauce on dough, add chicken, then cheese and top with sliced red onions. Place dough on baking stone and cook about 15 min until cheese is bubble and starts to brown. sprinkle cilantro on top and ENJOY!!

**You can cook the dough for about 5 min before adding sauce and toppings if you would like it a little crunchier, be sure to poke all over with a fork so is doesn't bubble up! Brushing with Olive oil is also optional :)



Jessica Percifull

3 comments:

  1. I have never had BBQ chicken pizza. But I must say this does look delicious. I love that it is made with whole wheat flour as well as white. I am going to have to try this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do! The balance between the whole wheat and white flour helps keep it from getting to dry but allows it to rise as well. It's delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock girl!!! Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna attempt to make it later this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0