Pages

5.13.2010

New Couch Pillow Covers!

I had 4 un-matching pillows on my couch and I have been wanting to get a nice bright fabric and make some NEW pillows. I remembered that I had a bunch of fabric left over from when I recovered my chairs a few years ago that has just been sitting in my closet. When I picked the fabric I made sure it matched the couches because our eat in kitchen was also attached to our living room. So I knew the fabric would match.
So I decided while my husband was gone for training the last few weeks that I'd get back on my sewing machine and get some projects done! I have gotten 3 of 4 pillows done and I think they look great. I didn't have to buy new pillows I just stuffed them in side the covers. So the project literally cost me NOTHING!!! :) Can't get any better than that!!



The pillows were very easy I just measured the pillows they were all about 17" x 17" so I cut my fabric to allow for 1/2" around for the front and 17.5 x an extra 3.5-4.5" for the back (to make the flap, see below). I cut the back piece in half, folded down the "middle seam" and sewed then i matched the outside corners and pinned. Sewed all the way around reinforcing the flap (going forward and back a few times) trimmed the edges and round the corners. Flipped them inside out. Ironed the wrinkles out and popped the pillows in! DONE!



Jessica Percifull

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0