Pages

5.01.2010

Cowboy Caviar


When I went to Pennsylvania to Visit Neil's Aunt and Uncle, his Aunt Eileen made Cowboy Caviar. I had heard of it before but never tried it. Let me tell you!! It's awesome!! It's super easy to make and healthy!! It's also an easy way to use up canned beans, diced tomatoes and corn. I tweaked the recipe just a bit and your welcome to do the same. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

1 can beans drained and rinsed (I like black beans or kidney, pinto would be good as well)
1 can petite diced tomatoes drained
1 can of corn drained (I use frozen about 1-2 cups)
1/2 med onion chopped (Vidalia, yellow, red)
1 Handful of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder

Mix all ingredients together

Serve with tortilla chips (we like the lime ones)
*put on a southwestern style salad or in a chicken wrap
- For the Salad dressing I mixed Ranch Dressing with some Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix It gave it a little kick and was so YUMMY!! You can also put it in the wrap. See my website to order the Fiesta Party Dip Mix!

Jessica Percifull

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0