Pages

7.22.2010

TAG Blanket Square and Tag Elephant

I am making matching TAG blanket Squares and Tag Elephants for Riley and my friend Kristi's new baby on the way.  Riley loves his TAG blanket that I made but I was looking for something a little more portable.  So I decided to make a mini version.  I have a TON of ribbons left from his blanket and from collecting rolls from clearance racks so I had that already on hand.  I also already had some leftover light blue minky dimple dot fabric and Thomas the Train fabric.  So I cut a square out of each.  Pinned the TAGS around the edges (sewed them on at least 3 times over.  Attached the two fabrics together, flipped them right side out, sewed another round along the outer edge and there you have it!


 Now Mr. Elephant was definitely not as EASY! I found a cute Elephant image online, printed it out the size I wanted him, traced him on the fabric (with a bigger belly), and cut out 2 pieces in the Minky fabric.  I attached the TAGS for a tail and for some hair.  Pinned the two right sides together and sewed the edges.  Leaving a hole to flip is inside-out (I do not suggest leaving the foot open, it was not fun to flip it all through there!). I stuffed the inside with polyester filling and sewed him shut.  Then I cut out some ears from other fabric I had lying around.  I used quilting batting on the inside just to give it a bit of structure.  I then attached the ears securely to each side.  WALLA!


They're made for each other! The tags are great to link together with those linkable rings, you can hang them from carseats, strollers just about anywhere!


 I know Riley really loves his new TAG I can't wait to introduce him to his new buddy Mr. Elephant tomorrow.  I'm also very excited to see Kristi's little man with his in a few months!

Jessica Percifull

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Jessica. Where did you get the idea?? You sure did "catch" Grandma Louie's gift for sewing. Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There are a few out there that are similar, the babies really love the tags to play with or chew on. Riley loves his. And Yes, she's the only person I learned from. I wish I had her longer so I had better skills but it's like riding a bike, you never forget. I get a few skills from youtube if I'm not sure how to do something as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. I will try to read your comment and get back to you as soon as possible!! Thank you for stopping by! Jess

Swidget 1.0